Here are our favorite clean-sheet prospects for La Liga’s Week 12. This is a difficult week for defenders as many of the favorites are playing in away matches against strong competition. The player projections are for the Euro Fantasy League multi-league or single league games and the fantasy-liga.com single league games. However, the fantasy football points noted are from the eurofantasyleague.com games.
1. Jordi Alba, Barcelona. Although Barcelona are playing in an away match, Leganes has managed to score only 9 goals in 11 matches and Barcelona has allowed only 4 goals in that span. Alba has given 4 assists and earned a league-best 35 fantasy points. Samuel Umtiti and Gerard Pique are also excellent options.
2. Martin Montaya, Valencia. Montaya has 2 assists for the season and plays against an Espanyol club that has scored only 1 goal in its last 5 outings. He has 20 fantasy points thus far. You may want to also consider Jose Garay as another Valencia option.
3. Mario Gaspar, Villareal. Villareal’s opponent for week 12 is Athletico Bilbao, a club that has managed only 2 goals in its most recent 4 games. Gaspar has scored a goal and earned 26 fantasy points in only 8 matches. Victor Ruiz and Jaume Costa are also attractive clean sheet prospects from Villareal.
4. Clement Lenglet, Sevilla. Sevilla has conceded only 11 goals in 11 matches yet plays at home against a high-scoring Celta Vigo. Clement has scored a goal this season.
5. Cala, Getafe. Getafe has not been very solid defensively but in a difficult week for the better defensive clubs, they may pull off a clean sheet at home against an unimpressive Alaves club.